Easy to follow recipe for a quick Autumn or Winter dinner.
- 4 small or medium-sized Winter squashes (like carnival squash, kuri squash, or kabocha)🎃
- bag of rice (150 g, you can use 'one-minute' rice 🍙)
- beef mince 250g
- up to 10 small pickles or 2 large ones 🥒
- up to 2 tablespoons of Maggi or Worcester sauce or soy sauce
- 1 can of tomato 🍅 soup
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika or other smokey spice mix🫑
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for greasing 1 or 2 tablespoons
- cheese 🧀 ( one large slice or up to 3 tablespoons of grated cheese)
- 1 chopped onion or chopped spring onions 🧅 (optional)
Cut squash in half. Remove seeds from the seed cavity.
Place two halves of the squash (cavity side up) on the greased baking tray and brush them with oil inside and out.
Cook a bag of rice using the traditional method (add rice to the slightly salted boiling water and simmer for around 15 minutes) or use 1-minute microwave rice.
Fry the mince until golden brown and season it with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
Remove excess fat, add a can of tomato 🍅 soup, Maggi/ Worcester/soy sauce, chopped pickles, and onion into the mix, and cook it until soup boils 🍲 while continuously stirring.
Stir in cooked rice and fill in squash cavities with the meaty mix.
Sprinkle tops of the squashes with grated cheese and bake them at 200🌡️°C (392°F or at gas mark 6) for 20-30 minutes (depending on the squash size) or until their flesh is penetrable by knife and the cheese is bubbly.